Welcome to Haiku Heights. The 108th prompt we offer for your haiku talent is SPRING, suggested by Priyanka. She blogs at "Priyanka's World" blog.
This prompt will end at on 3rd March 2012 at 09:00AM IST.
These are the general rules here. I rephrase them just so no confusion exists.
1. Write a haiku on the prompt given and post in your blog.
2. Link back to Haiku Heights either with the code given in the bottom bar here, or with a hyperlink.
3. Enter your name and link into the Linky widget. (It should be the post link, and not your blog link in general)
4. Read and enjoy as many of the other writers as well.
- Some of my readers, and new writers at Haiku Heights had asked me how to write a proper Haiku.
- Haiku is Japanese poetry form that has three meaningful lines which are complete and reflecting nature.
- Haiku have syllabic limitations as well. A traditional one has eleven or seventeen syllables, in a strict 3-5-3 or 5-7-5 format.
We wish to celebrate the haikai forms through your words. some poets are straying away from the Haiku format so kindly stay within the Haiku limitations. I know it is difficult but very challenging too!!
Thank you. for more details READ HERE.
Please note: I will remove the link if the post is just a random one or another form.
Please note: The plural of Haiku is still Haiku and not Haikus.
Prompt #108 will start on 3rd March, 2012. Topic will be FATE.